Whether you’re a serious connoisseur or an experimental hipster, we bet you’ve had a cocktail or three! With the weather climbing to chillier temperatures, downtime at home can be the ultimate breather. Try our recipes for a cosy night in:
Photo credits: Coveteur
Champagne is not just for special occasions
It’s true: whether your birthday or a Friday, a little flute of bubbly sets the right tone:
- Pour ½ a cup of cold champagne over large ice cubes
- Add two dashes of orange bitters
- Twist a lemon peel to express the oil and drop into the glass
Photo credits: Saveur
Calvados hot toddy instead of the usual mulled wine
Pumpkin, apple cider, cinnamon … autumn conjures many warm memories. This toddy with Calvados, a French apple brandy, is fall in a glass:
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup apple cider, plus more for rimming the glass
- 3 tbsp fine Calvados
- ¼ cup heavy cream
Photo credits: The Grid
Betel leaves, anyone?
Did you know that betel leaves are a recommended cure for the dreaded common cold?
You will need 2 fresh paan leaves, 4 cardamom pods, 1 spoon rose syrup, 45 ml vodka, 15 ml sambuca and 1 maraschino cherry.
- Muddle the paan leaf, rose water and cardamom in a cocktail shaker
- Add vodka, sambuca, ice and shake well
- Fine strain into a glass filled with ice and paan leaves and garnish with a cherry
Photo credits: Pinterest
Beer for a lazy evening
Beer in a hot toddy? It totally works! Elevate the usually heavy drink for an evening around a fire.
You will need 30 ml dark rum, 15 ml white rum, beer, cinnamon, ginger and some cloves.
- Boil all the spices in water and use 30 ml of the liquid
- Add it to the rum
- Top the whole thing off with some beer in a tropical glass, with a slice of orange for freshness