Whether you swear by sheet masks or charcoal based products, there is no running away from this trend!
Masks can help you relax, exfoliate or reduce acne and soothe irritated skin. It’s hard to beat our list of DIY masks with ingredients from your kitchen cupboard, marrying history and chemistry for a gorgeous complexion:
Honey tops our list for its many skin pleasing properties. Naturally anti-bacterial, it is great for acne treatment, also helping your skin glow with its moisturising capabilities.
- Cook and cool two tablespoons of oatmeal.
- Add one tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of yogurt to the oatmeal.
- Apply and rinse after 15-20 minutes for a hydrating mask that instantly enlivens your skin.
Did you know that Apple Cider Vinegar is a natural ally to combat stubborn dandruff? With its antibacterial and antifungal properties, it is a boon for itchy and flaky scalps.
- Mix five tablespoons of coconut milk with six tablespoons aloe vera gel.
- Add one cup of water and one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply on hair and scalp and rinse after five minutes for a dandruff cure that leaves your hair happy and hydrated.
Not just a hipster’s delight, avocado comes packed with over 20 vitamins and minerals, not to mention essential fats which will keep your skin plump and glowing.
- Mix one ripe avocado with one banana.
- Add an egg yolk to the mix until it forms a uniform consistency.
- Apply and rinse after 20-15 minutes for a mask that helps control oily skin.
Age in reverse with the help of summer favourite, yogurt. The naturally occurring lactic acid in yogurt dissolves dead skin, reducing wrinkles and fine lines, while also improving the
appearance of dark circles.
- Mix one tablespoon of olive oil with three -four tablespoons of yogurt.
- Apply and rinse after 30 minutes for invigorated, luminous skin.
An indispensable kitchen essential, salt is also a multipurpose ingredient for skin and nail care. A natural exfoliant and toner, it also strengthens the protective barrier that rejuvenates our skin and nails.
- Mix one teaspoon salt with one teaspoon baking soda.
- Add one teaspoon lemon juice and half a cup of warm water.
- Soak nails for 10 minutes and then scrub with a soft brush for brighter, healthier-looking nails.
Add a splash of your favourite essential oil to any of the masks or light some aromatherapy candles for a truly indulgent moment.